Saturday, May 3, 2014

Time Management - Part II - Planning System Makeover

Before we get started with my totally awesome new planner - let me show you a little bit about the "old" system.   This planner from Organizher is really, really fabulous - totally customizable and durable.  I fell in love with this planner and have been using it for 2 or 3 years now.
Planner inside view
My "OLD" planner with categories

After knowing that this planner has worked for me for 3 years, and seeing how much I LOVED this planner, you are probably wondering why I have changed my tune ... well,  I started Graduate School!

I am really excited about my future and am thrilled that I will be able to complete my Master's degree from my home university while continuing to work full-time.  I really enjoy the online course format, but one thing that is missing when you "go to class" online is the consistent reminder of what assignments and readings are due on a given day.  For this reason, I decided to make my own planner for the 2013-2014 Academic Year.

I needed more space for each day than my previous system allowed for; so I elected to make the planner on 8.5 x 11" paper.   See a picture of the planner below:

The new layout - 8.5 x 11"
Here is an explanation of each page:
(I intentionally picked a week without much going on, so it wouldn't be messy!)


The binder I chose to use is the Wilson Jones Cut and Sewn Binder - find it here.  I really like the durability and feel of this binder, plus it has an elastic strap that can hold it closed --  (and it has 3 rings!)


Let me know what you think about the new planner system!   I can't wait to share how it is working for me! 

Everything in Place Please!


No comments:

Post a Comment