Saturday, July 5, 2014

Apocalypse Preparedness! (Survival Series Part I, Intro)

Alright, admittedly  there is no foreboding apocalypse around the corner, but my new favorite TV show (The Walking Dead) has gotten H & I thinking about the worst case scenario.   (Yes, we are late to this game ... Netflix is something we use & don't usually watch shows during the current season)
I love the photos I find on Microsoft's Copyright Free image search - don't you? 

We have the basic supplies necessary to survive a short time, but in a long term or worst-case scenario, we would be in a lot of trouble!

As most of you know, we are on a budget, so this Survival series isn't going to be an expensive tour through how to prepare yourselves.  This series will be a simple tour through what we are doing ($20 at a time!) to prepare ourselves for the worst case scenario.

I will walk you through:


  • The tools that we already have at our disposal: including basic camping/winter gear, and hunting basics.   
  • Several $20 trips to stock up on things that we hope we'll never need.  
  • Some of the bigger ticket (expensive) items that we will be purchasing slowly over time.  
  • Last, but not least, I will show you the best plans we have for both:
    •  "bugging in" (more likely since we are in rural Montana)  or 
    • "bugging out" (which may be more useful in an urban environment).


I look forward to sharing our successes with you over the next few months as we get ready for a worst-case scenario - ** I hope we never have to use these skills/supplies**

Everything In Place Please

No comments:

Post a Comment